Wednesday 28 September 2011

Discussion Desserts

Today we were introduced to something we are going to be doing called, "discussion desserts".  I am very excited about this.  Why?  Because we are going to be given a very difficult topic(like, apologetic topics level) and it will be in our hands to discuss this topic over things such as cake and ice cream.  The reason for the cake and ice cream is simply because it keeps in a better mood so that no one is trying to kill each other whilst getting worked up over opinions.  I find that quite hilarious, but I also find it very logical!

I am extremely excited about these discussions, because I LOVE doing this kind of thing.  Philosophy and Apologetics fascinate me.  The main reason they do is because it is one of the biggest ways God has always revealed to me that He exists.  Through pure and simple logic--And sometimes very intense and complicated logic.  I just love knowledge, and I love debates and discussions about knowledge, logic, reason, faith, etc.


So I am very excited for these discussions to begin. 

We also talked about some upcomign missions things we'll actually be doing while we're still in Canada, and those are pretty exciting.  Things such as getting in a van with a local missions organization from 6-11PM and feeding homeless people throughout Toronto.  That will be fun.  We will also be walking with a man who is an expert on homelessness and getting to know homeless people throughout the day and working in places such as soup kitchens.  And finally, we'll be working on a farm that is sort of on the same idea as Teen Challenge, but on a much smaller scale.

I'm super excited!!

Talk to you all tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. I bet your "sweet tooth" loves the dessert part just as much as the discussions :)
    I'm excited that you're excited about the discussions :)

    ReplyDelete