Friday 30 September 2011

Debrief Week One

I think God has taught me the most important and valuable lesson I am going to get out of this DTS.  I know that this is a very crazy statement to make, and I also acknowledge that it's more than likely wrong, but it's something I have been struggling with for ages, and God has finally calmed my spirit about it.

I need to stop trying to control the spiritual lives of those close to me. 

I always do things and have incredible experiences with God and amazing revelations through the things he puts me through, and then I always find myself telling others to do those exact same things!  What God has shown me through the course of this week is that He's got a specific and unique path for everyone, and just because He does amazing things in my life through certain situations and experiences, doesn't mean He's gonna do it the exact same way for others.

However, that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop recommending things to others!  So I recommend to all of you to do YWAM if you have a chance.  Seriously.  I have only been here a week, and I am already so in love with everything God is going to be using us for and doing with us/through us. 

I don't have much else to say other than I'm excited to sleep in tomorrow!  And have a whole free day!  Goodnight all, and God bless to those going to Northern Summit this weekend.  God's gonna do big things :).

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a profound and important lesson. Recognizing that each person is on a unique path and it is our responsibility to grow through the experiences of our own path.
    The bi-product of that may well be that people close to us are impacted in a greater way than of we tried impose on them our will.

    This is part of learning to trust God. To allow him to work without the need for our will to be imposed on anyone, but just the emanate that which is growing inside. The divine life energy that begins to emanate is enough to have an impact on our circle of influence without having to try to change anyone by the act of our will or behavior.

    As your father it was often times necessary for me to step back as well when I watched you grow up and allow you to take the path that was unique for you. The only times when I knew I had to step in is when I felt your actions may have violated another person's boundaries.

    ReplyDelete