Friday 18 November 2011

Caring, Loving, Gentle, Kind.

Before I write this, I just want to say I've decided to make them shorter than they have been unless it is necessary to elongate them.  I think I'm spending too much time figuring out, "How am I gonna write about this on my blog" while in class instead of, "How does this apply to my life?".  So yea, just thought I would let you all know.

Today we discussed spiritual warfare/spirituality in general.  It was crazy--in a good way.

Lorne was the one who talked about it, and he told some really cool stories about spiritual warfare, and then explained how the enemy works by putting lies into our life and discourages us, and then sent us to be alone with God to ask Him to expose some truths in our lives.

I had a rather interesting experience.  I asked God for some truths in my life, and almost instantly I had, "caring, loving, gentle, kind" running through my head.  These are things I try to be, and so I figured that was just my own thoughts talking.  So I tried again.  Same thing.  I tried about five times, and out of frustration was just like, "GOD!  My thoughts are getting in the way of you speaking!"

Then God was like, "Ok, write down, 'Truths in my life' and then after that put in brackets, 'from God's mouth'." so I did.  And then God told me to write down, "caring, loving, gentle, kind".  I did.

After our alone time with God we had lunch, and Lorne suggested we all share what God had told us and that after we share a couple people encourage us or give us a word God may have given them for us.  And wow.  Everyone was hugely encouraged and we were all praying for each other and it was just overall awesome.  God was present big time. 

I shared my experience, and then had a couple confirm those things, as well as was told not to worry about the future or stress about it cuz God's got something huge planned and He's gonna worry about the details.  I'm really excited and super encouraged.  I can't wait to experience it all.

Catch you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment