Thursday 10 November 2011

Gay Penguins

I read an article about penguins yesterday that claimed they were gay because they spend the majority of their time together.

Give me a break.  Just because two animals of the same sex spend the majority of their time together, doesn't make them gay.  I spend 90% of every second I can with my best friend, and we are by no means gay!  We love each other, but neither of us would ever even entertain the thought of doing anything sexual with each other!  That's disgusting!

I feel like society is just trying to be like, "HEY LOOK!  ANIMALS CAN BE GAY TOO!!  GAY IS REAL!!".  I know homosexuality is real and that people are born with genes more similar to the opposite sex, but I really feel like society is confusing people by telling them that if they have a best friend of the same sex then they must be gay.  That's not how it works.  If you're not SEXUALLY attracted to someone of the same sex, you're not gay, you just have a really good friend.  Don't be afraid of friendship.

Two penguins that spend 90% of their time together are not gay, they are just companions.  And they live in a zoo for goodness sakes!  It's not even their natural environment!!

I realize this is going to ruffle people's feathers, but I don't care.  I hope people will start seeing that calling, "friendship" or, "companionship" a sexual relationship is highly misleading and no more of a help to sexually confused individuals than ignorant and irate, "christians" protesting and picketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment