Friday 25 November 2011

Opinions, actually

So today we presented our research projects(mine was on legalizing the sex trade in Toronto).  It went very well!  I'm finding that my comfort in front of a group of people and talking when I was in grade 9 as opposed to now is extremely different, and I am more than comfortable doing it now.

In the afternoon we discussed first aid precautions for outreach.  Then my parents came and picked up a bunch of things I won't be needing for outreach and we went out to starbucks for coffee.  It was quite nice!

On the downside of today, I found out that the song used in the trailer of my documentary(and subsequently the song at the end of the documentary) was sampled from a popular 80's band.  This means that I may not be able to make any money or possibly even publish the documentary.  I'm slightly aggravated by this and annoyed.  The guy who told me I could use his music didn't specify that it was a sample, and he also didn't specify anything about copyright laws on each individual song.

If all goes well, I can still publish the doc on the internet, but we'll see.  Perhaps the only eyes that will ever see it will be those of my close friends and family...and possibly some college applications.

A final note: if I were to read the book of Leviticus--and only that--and then tell you that I think the entire bible is crap and just a stupidly strict rule book, you'd think I was full of crap wouldn't you?  I hope you would.  The reason I say this is because I'm quite peeved with someone who came in halfway through watching a movie and called it a load of crap at the end.  They missed the beginning, and when I informed them of this they proceeded to proclaim the beginning as a load of crap because the end of the movie was a load of crap.  In order to keep myself from screaming at them and introducing them to my knuckles, I left the room and began to write my journal entry.

Catch you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment