Sunday 16 October 2011

Anvil

I'm finding that on weekends I spend a lot of time doing nothing while I'm here, and just when I get to the point of, "I'M SO BORED I HATE MYSELF FOR DOING NOTHING!!"  I find something to do.

Today, "something to do" lied in practicing for worship tomorrow, eating perogies, and watching a documentary about a band called, "Anvil".  It was actually one of the saddest documentaries I've ever seen.  This band was starting to go big with bands the likes of Metallica.  But for some reason, they ended up in a rut, and 30 years later were working minimum wage jobs to support their rock passion. 

Since this documentary has come out(2008) they've made it huge, despite the fact that they're in their 50's.  But the documentary doesn't tell you that.  It just ends with the two original members of the band walking off into the sunset.  And it was extremely saddening, cuz you just felt awful for these guys never making it.

Anyway, they finally got their dream so that's good for them. 

Now I'm going to bed.  See you all tomorrow.

1 comment: