Saturday 29 October 2011

Family

Today was absolutely wonderful.  I didn't do anything other than spend my evening/afternoon with my family, but that's what made it so awesome.

We went out for Thai food, went to Ikea, went to see Johnny English Reborn, and then went out for coffee for about an hour and I got spend time with Jacob one on one which was awesome.  You never realize how much you love your family--especially your siblings--until you spend a good amount of time away from them. 

Nothing exciting or significant happened, and there was even some good old fashioned friction between us...but it was extremely valuable to me, because I just got to spend time with them.  It put some perspective on our relationship with God.

He doesn't want every encounter to be super spiritual or meaningful.  Sometimes He just wants us to be there with Him, even if we're in a bad mood at the time.  He enjoys our company no matter what, and that's what it was like today with my family.  Thank you God for my family :).

See you all tomorrow.

1 comment: